15 February 2012
Best Cookies
These cookies are my absolute favorites. A lot of cookie recipes require more flour, less sugar, longer baking times, lower oven temps, etc, but this one is completely perfect. I found the recipe years ago on the back of a bag of Nestle chocolate chunks. Luckily I wrote it down because Nestle doesn't print the recipe anymore. I tried to make these at Christmas time but couldn't remember where I'd put the recipe, so I tried to use the one that's currently on the bag by just adding pecans and chopped toffee. It didn't work at all. But! I went into the basement and searched through my packed boxes for the old recipe. And the cookies were just as good as I'd remembered.
Chunky Chocolate Toffee Cookies
(5 dozen)
2 3/4 c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c butter (I like these with salted butter)
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 white sugar
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla
1 c chopped pecans
4 (1.4 oz) toffee bars, chopped
1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet Nestle chocolate chunks (not chips!)
Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to mix and set aside. Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in both sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture; beat on low speed until well combined. Stir in pecans, toffee and chocolate chunks. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 10-12 min, and transfer onto wire racks to cool completely.
* This Buttermilk Roast Chicken is also delicious. It's quick, easy, and so good that I've made it twice in less than 2 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment