11 February 2013

Year of the Snake


Asia rung in the Lunar New Year on February 10th. This is the year of the snake and Huffington Post has done great article full of pictures and videos.

You're a snake if you were born in any of the following lunar years:

  • 4 February 1905 – 24 January 1906
  • 23 January 1917 – 10 February 1918
  • 10 February 1929 – 29 January 1930
  • 27 January 1941 – 14 February 1942
  • 14 February 1953 – 2 February 1954
  • 2 February 1965 – 20 January 1966
  • 18 February 1977 – 6 February 1978
  • 6 February 1989 – 26 January 1990
  • 24 January 2001 – 11 February 2002
  • 10 February 2013 – 30 January 2014

And you can read all about being a snake (and any of the other 11 zodiac signs) here.

Two years ago I spent the holiday in China and it was one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had. It was the year of the rabbit.


(Photos taken in Yu-yuan, Shanghai)

Coincidence that I happend to visit in the year of the rabbit and that I'm also... a rabbit?

This one was a very Korean new year spent with friends in Korean style bars and an Asian karaoke room. On New Year's Day, just like on every other around the world, the city was a complete ghost town. Steve and I spent the day at home playing cribbage, making Chinese ribs and brussels sprouts, and watching - appropriately - You Only Live Twice.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment