22 November 2010

On My Way

I’m finally on my way!

After months of zig-zagging back forth across the United States like a deranged migratory bird (if you were confused, don’t worry – me too), I’ll be arriving in South Korea on Thanksgiving day and staying until next December. Not many things in 2010 have happened by design (not my own, anyway), but most of the better things in life don’t.

I’ll be teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) to middle school students at an American franchise in Changwon, a city of about half a million near the southeastern coast of Korea. It’s been an adventure already, from countless overseas phone interviews to a hilarious visit to the Korean consulate, and the real adventure is still to come. I’m so excited to learn, to be challenged by my work and a new culture, and to explore East Asia.

You can read about Changwon here, and you can read about my year in Korea here at Gaudete.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love the image of the migratory bird. I can't wait to follow and read all about it! Also, love the Latin usage. Obvi. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. noon in newark ohio. thinking of you. praying you arrived safely. love mom

    ReplyDelete