11 December 2012

The time(s) I washed my boyfriend's dishes with the [toilet] sponge


There was this sponge that sat in a bowl on the ledge behind the kitchen sink. It seemed like the right thing to wash dishes with. I must have used it at least three times. Then one day I was filling up the sink with soapy water and reached for the sponge...

Don't use that sponge! I keep meaning to tell you not to use it.
Why? I've used it before...
I know you have, but I think I might have cleaned the bathroom with it. I'm not sure.
The toilet too??
Well, if it's the one I used to clean the bathroom, then yes. I just can't remember.
But why is it by the sink? Why didn't you say something?
I didn't want to embarrass you.
Why would I be embarrassed?! 
I don't know. You might be.
Did you rewash the dishes after the times I used it?
No.
So you ate off of them?
Yes.
Did I eat off of them?
Possibly.
.........

So many questions. The good news is that Steve cleans his bathroom and that my immune system is a total champ, so I guess I'm still winning.

To be added to the list of reasons why I need a germ helmet.

1 comment: