03 April 2013

Around the Neighborhood: Cherry Blossoms





(See those blue stools with plants on them? They belong to the bonsai man who dreads to see me coming. Every time he sets up by the bus stop I linger for an embarrassingly long time - who isn't mesmerized by perfectly formed 6" maple trees? - and never buy one. Out of the 20+ plants I've tried to raise in the last 13 months, only three are still clinging to life.)





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I've had an embarrassingly large number of house plants die on me too. But I'm going to forge ahead and actually try to plant a garden this year. Maybe if I have the motivation of eating the plants, I'll learn to take better care of them?
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe that's my problem - not enough food plants! You'll have to let me know how that goes. I miss you too. I'll be home in July. It would be wonderful to see you this summer. :)

      Delete