07 March 2011

Recently

A quick trip to Gyeongju for Independence Day on March 1st, which included visits to Bulguksa Temple and Seokguram Grotto. Gyeongju was completely fascinating even on a miserable, rainy day and I'm eager to go back. It was the seat of the Silla dynasty from 57 BC to 935 AD and is just brimming with beautifully preserved historic and religious sites. Far too many to see in a day, even though the city is quite small.

Images are from the web. I forgot my camera that day.


In other news, Dexter is turning into destructo-bunny; it's finally warm enough to play batminton after work (really popular here - every neighborhood has several courts); and I have a new favorite Korean bartender, Mia, who speaks frankly about all things, whether it be to say that I eat too much or that I look like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I also have a whole new set of classes and students. David is the most charming/entertaining at present. He's 13, administers daily quizzes on pop culture, breaks into spontaneous song whenever inspiration strikes, fixes broken CD players, and insists on being the only student to read aloud when he thinks he's "too tired" to stay awake in class.

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! Ohh Dexter... can't wait to play badminton and to meet Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I really think you should write a book of short stories about all your adventures. I'd buy a copy!

    ReplyDelete