03 September 2012

Summer Favorites

The humidity has been so out of control this year that most of the time all anyone wants to do is take shelter in the airconditioning.

As a result, I've been reading tons. I keep a book at work, one by my bed, and another in my bag. David Sedaris is always funny and his essays about life in France and learning to speak French are both hilarious and relatable. 'You Can't Kill the Rooster' (from Part I, and not one of the essays about his life in France) nearly made me pee my pants. 

I wore these sandals every day until they finally disintegrated under my feet and I was forced to buy a new pair of shoes from a gold-toothed -- by which I mean every tooth in her mouth -- street vendor (clearly I have a thing for gold) because I couldn't walk another block in them. Only available in 5 colors when I bought them; now available in about a dozen. Waiting on a fall sale so I can stock up for next summer.


This candle came from Target. I burned it regularly for months before the wick finally burned down completely. I can't bring myself to throw it out because the remaining wax in the bottom still makes the room smell great on hot days. I've searched high and low and it doesn't appear to be sold at Target or elsewhere anymore.


I've been listening to Concorde's new album for weeks and haven't gotten tired of it yet. Happy sounds for the monsoon-iest of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment