Halloween isn't a thing in Korea. But, I'm reading a book set during Halloween with one of my middle school classes and we were discussing the necessity of wearing a costume while trick-or-treating. To confirm that they understood, I went out into the hall and knocked on the door. They opened it and I said "trick-or-treat." They said I couldn't have candy. I asked why not. Jim, who loves to get a rise out of his teachers by exercising his limited yet colorful vocabulary, said, "Because you're an asshole," and super nerdy Brandon said, "Because you're old."
Thanks everyone. The correct answer is: BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT WEARING A COSTUME.
Kids adore me, I swear. At least it was Friday.
Today, one of them asked me if a sphinx is a farm animal. Why yes, in some parts of the world people survive on milk-of-sphinx. Um, no.
P.S. Next time I'm wearing a costume and you'd better believe I'll fight tooth and claw to be that dinosaur.
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment