This week, my hair has gone from nearly platinum blonde, to dishwater gray (what happens why you try to make life simple and dye your own hair back to its natural color), to a deep shade of purplish brown (how Korean hair salons interpret "warm brown").
Help.
Slightly funny regarding the half-evolved shade of dishwater gray: the lighting in my apartment is pretty bad, and after I dyed my hair on Sunday night I thought it looked like a perfectly normal shade of brown. Then, I Skyped with my family the next morning and they thought it looked just fine, but when I went to work that afternoon and saw my reflection in the well-lit elevator mirror - I about fell over. All of my students said, "Teacher, you hair. No. Noooo." All of my coworkers said absolutely nothing.
On the upside of things, I'm a slightly better cook... minus the attempt at brown butter toffee that's still sitting in my refrigerator looking exactly like a pile of dog poop peeking out of some dirty snow. I've managed to turn out some decent spring rolls, thanks goldmine that is Sangnam-dong's open air market, and spaghetti.
I laughed and cried at the same time! Oh Big... your hair...! At least you didn't pull an Anne of Green Gables and dye it GREEN! (in an attempt to dye it black)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're a better cook. You must eat!! Brown butter toffee doesn't sound delectable like spring rolls and spaghetti anyways!
Oh April that is absolutely hilarious! I hope you are able to get your hair back to a "normal" color soon. No matter what color it is though I'm sure you still look beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Celena - I hope so too! I've been thinking of you lately and hope that everything is going well. Our get-together before Anna and I left was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again next winter when we come home!
ReplyDelete