06 December 2010

Student Spotlight

Name: Daniel
Age: 10
Pets: 58 rhino beetles
Homework: Never does it but has all the answers and must physically demonstrate all new vocabulary words for the entire class.

Today, I asked Daniel to stay after class so that we could talk about why he hasn't done any of his homework; as in, none since the first day. I explained that I would have to take stickers out of his book (stickers = points) and that he would have to spend time in the library, because we had already discussed things on Friday. He produced a smashed flower from his backpack and asked if we could trade.

4 comments:

  1. charmer! I looked up a picture of a rhino beetle. I must admit, I'd rather have a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you took the smashed flower! Love the student profile ideas, I can't wait to "meet" your students! For realz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be the grandest blog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I didn't end up getting the flower. At first I thought it was a present and said, "Oh, thank you! But I still have to take the sticker; you'll have the chance to get lots more." So he took the flower back because it wasn't a real trade.

    ReplyDelete